US-based aircraft component repair provider hosts grand opening ceremony for new Asia-Pacific facility
TAOYUAN CITY, Taiwan (January 26, 2022) – NORDAM celebrated the completion and grand opening today of NORDAM Asia Limited, its new 5,828-square-meter aircraft component repair facility at Taoyuan International Airport. NORDAM Asia Limited is a joint venture with China Airlines, the flag carrier of Taiwan. Local government and aviation industry dignitaries joined executives from both companies for an opening ceremony, followed by a reception.
Based in the U.S. city of Tulsa, Oklahoma, independently owned NORDAM is a world leader in the maintenance, repair and overhaul of component parts for the commercial and military aviation industry. The company previously provided these services to the Asia-Pacific region from Singapore for more than 20 years. In 2017, it entered a synergetic arrangement with existing customer China Airlines to create efficiencies and share access to local resources, transitioning NORDAM’s repair facility from Singapore to Taiwan to establish NORDAM Asia Limited.
“Taiwan is well positioned geographically, and many of our customers find the new location will simplify logistics, which helps control repair costs,” NORDAM Asia Limited Chairman T. Hastings Siegfried said. He added that Taiwan has a positive industrial environment, reliable infrastructure, a good technical workforce, and a strong supply base for tooling, logistics and other key commodities.
* * * * *
About NORDAM Asia Limited
- NORDAM Asia Limited is a joint venture between NORDAM and China Airlines. It provides maintenance, repair and overhaul services to China Airlines and other airline, carrier and maintenance companies in the Asia-Pacific region
- The joint venture agreement was signed at the NORDAM Repair Division facility, 11200 E. Pine St. in Tulsa, Oklahoma on Monday, November 13, 2017 and will continue indefinitely
- NORDAM Asia Limited is incorporated in the Republic of China (Taiwan). Physical address is No. 8, Hangqin South Road, Dayuan District, Taoyuan City 337041, Taiwan, R.O.C.
- NORDAM Asia Limited is certified by the Civil Aeronautics Administration (CAA – Taiwan), the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA – European Union), and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA – U.S.)
- NORDAM Asia Limited facility is two stories and spans 5,828 square meters, including a production floor, warehouse, clean room and paint booths
- NORDAM Asia Limited employs mechanics and technicians and also has positions in contract administration, customer service, finance, operations management, quality inspection and evaluation, and supply chain
NORDAM News Inquiries: Please click here to complete and submit our media inquiry form.